Martinez Historical Society
Walking Tour of Martinez
Bruncher and Connolly Mortuary
1124 Ferry Street
This building was built in 1927 for Bruncher and Connolly as the first full service mortuary in Martinez. It was designed to accommodate 100 funerals per year. In 1965 the mortuary closed and the building was sold to the John F. Kennedy University. In 1976 the building was sold to the Patchin family and converted to a school.
Martinez Historical Society Plaque #15 Reads: Occupied by Bruncher & Commolly Mortuary 1927 - 1956. Connolly & Taylor, Inc. Mortuary 1956 - 1963. John F. Kennedy University Campus 1965 - 1975. Patchin’s School 1976 - Present.